Good “demo” event organized by thecoils.com guys. Some things caught my attention
- About 400 attendants, which was representative of the internet startup israeli pool. Good Mingling. Good Vibes.
- The couple Yossi Vardi/Shimon Peres seem to tour the web conferences (they were already there in LeWeb3)
- “The first entrepreneur was God”. Peres. Where did he raise money?
- Food was good but served too early (yes this is important)
- Like many busy men Yair Goldfinger seem to have a big collection of the same Tshirt (a cool one btw)
- Disappointed to see no pic on flickr with TWS2007 tag
- Not enough blog buzz about this event. Come on bloggers!
- Twitter was the subject of discussion here and there
- Being a good startup does not mean you are good at presenting and convincing. This is not key to succeed but yesterday it was important.
- Good selection of 10 Startups (out of 70 i heard). i was surprised to see one of them was financed by a sponsor/jury of the event (any conflict of interest?)
- One more: everyone start to seem to understand there is no Bubble but like Yaron said “some hot wind”.
This was a first good edition. This was missing in the israeli landscape. Congrats to Yaron and Yami.
Suggestions for next year: wifi connection / demo corner for startups / more goodies / visibility on companies that were not selected/ an international guest for the event / a blog/wiki for the event / think of all the “ole haddachim” that do not read/speak hebrew but would like to participate (many of them are good entrepreneurs)